BF Windows 2006/06/16

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ZanQdo

BF Windows 2006/06/16

Post by ZanQdo » Thu May 11, 2006 6:44 pm

Last edited by ZanQdo on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
:-) Hosting for your test builds:
GraphicAll.org

DwarvenFury

Post by DwarvenFury » Fri May 19, 2006 4:40 am

I can't get my material preview window to change when I use raytracing or ray transparency, i.e. it won't show how it would reflect or look transparent like it did in 2.41. Is this targeted to be fixed before 2.42? :)
"What a horrible candle snuffing word. Just."

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo » Fri May 19, 2006 6:33 pm

yes it seems raytracing is of in the .blend that is used or previews, you can change it if you ccompile with a modified .blend. I don't know what are Ton's plans about this,

see ya
GraphicAll.org

enzoblue

Post by enzoblue » Tue May 23, 2006 8:23 am

Is there any way you guys can fix the fluid sim baking output directory problem for windows?

Seems no matter what I do, it never gets the baked mesh into the blend. I read on the forums that specifying a drive letter where your bake directory goes does the trick, but it doesn't do anything for me.

Simply following the wiki fluid tutorial, or even baking directly from the blend mentioned with this build, nets me no fluid mesh after baking. My domain cube just disappears and that's that. I've tried everything. :(

n_t

Post by n_t » Tue May 30, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi, versions before 16th may had a bug, so if you try a newer version (e.g. the one from the 29th) it should work...

But please test :), now e.g. deforming meshes such as animated characters should work.

Thanks, -> Nils

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Tue May 30, 2006 5:26 pm

nt..it Works Great in a Testing Build from jms 29/5 for Windows!
I tryed the Mancandy Fluid Blend file!
...this is a Amazing addition to Blenders Fluid Simulator!
Thanks!
Is there any new Tutorial for this and for the IPOs for Fluids somewhere to Read?

seeYA

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Wed May 31, 2006 8:54 am

poutsa wrote:nt..it Works Great in a Testing Build from jms 29/5 for Windows!
I tryed the Mancandy Fluid Blend file!
...this is a Amazing addition to Blenders Fluid Simulator!
Thanks!
Is there any new Tutorial for this and for the IPOs for Fluids somewhere to Read?

seeYA
Hi, for IPO, when the setup of fluid is finished, go to Ipo Curve Editor and with a fluid object selected click on Ipo Type (where there is Object written and an icon with a little character) and choose fluidsim.
Now you can play with IPO

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Wed May 31, 2006 1:38 pm

Hi Iguillaume!
Thanks for Info about Ipo Fluid! ......... i know about this!
But....
when you finish Baking your Fluid Simulation and go to Fluid Ipo Window (with Fluid Object Selected ...there is No Ipo Curves there created!)
I also make some Record Mouse (Pressing R Button in Fluid Ipo Window) with some Options Selected like:Active,Vel X,Y,Z,GravX,Y,Z,FacVisc,FacTime
In this case Curves Created but if youEdit this Ipo Curves for Fluid in Ipo Window nothing Change to the Fluid Mesh Object!!!

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:32 am

Yay, previews now suport raytraced reflections and transparecncy
GraphicAll.org

jgaray

Post by jgaray » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:58 pm

Hmm.... It's asking for pthreadG2C.dll.

Edit: never mind. I found the dll.

LayBack

Multithreading

Post by LayBack » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:46 pm

Hi,

I tried your build on a 4-way machine with 900 MHz Xeons (Compaq ML570). Without threads enabled the renderer used only one CPU as expected. But with threads enabled it used only TWO CPUs, not four as expected (at least by me).

Is this behaviour a bug or a feature?

Thanks a lot.
LayBack

kidb

Re: Multithreading

Post by kidb » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:05 pm

LayBack wrote:But with threads enabled it used only TWO CPUs, not four as expected (at least by me).
"4 threaded rendering achieved by setting maxthreads=4 in source/blender/render/intern/source/pipeline.c

http://bebop.cns.ualberta.ca/~cwant/multi-render.html

LetterRip"

http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic. ... thread+cpu

LayBack

Post by LayBack » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:16 am

Hi kidb,

could you please explain to me why maxthreads is not set to at least 4 (e.g. dual core dual cpu system)? Are there any disadvantages?

I am just a dumb blender user, no developper, and I don't intend to dive into compiling blender just for setting some switch like this.

Another thing: I noticed the memory cache limit for the sequence editor (2.42 RC1). This may be very useful, but why is the upper limit 1 GB? Memory is cheap and there are enough systems out there with a lot more RAM installed. And working with the sequence editor really doesn't make sense if I can't load everything I need into the RAM.

I lately tried 2.42 RC1 on a dual opteron system with 4 GB RAM doing some compositing and sequence editing with up to HD resolution. It just works like a charm. But with HD you need some memory for caching, 1 GB is not enough.

Thanks.

kidb

Post by kidb » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:28 am

LayBack wrote:I am just a dumb blender user, no developper
Sorry, me too.