Intel Mac Mini? Anyone have a working build?

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

djspringate

Intel Mac Mini? Anyone have a working build?

Post by djspringate » Mon May 22, 2006 12:31 am

I have an Intel Mac Mini and am writing an OpenGL game.

I am poor ( :) ) and want to use a good open source 3D modeller and animation package for content creation - I'm not an experienced modeller - but am an experienced (professional) video game developer.

Therefore, I do have C/C++ experience and would be happy to aid the development effort to get Blender compiling properly on Mac OS X Intel.

If someone has already acheived this adequately then please point me in the right direction!

I've found some existing builds but I can't get any menus working..

Please help me out or tell me what I need to do,
If Ton needs my Mac Mini, I'd be happy to give him SSH access - I met him at ECTS a few years ago, a pleasant and amicable fellow - ready to tell me about the benefits of Blender - I didn't forget :)

Thanks guys, help a Blender-n00b out ;)

djspringate

alelink

Post by alelink » Mon May 22, 2006 1:12 am

Hello,
what you want is there : http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8337

bye

djspringate

Post by djspringate » Mon May 22, 2006 12:02 pm

As I've posted in other threads - I can't get it working - the menus don't work on my Intel Mac Mini.

Anyone have any suggestions or can point me in the direction of a release that does work?

As stated; I'm more than happy to help get it working.

djspringate

Scooby

Post by Scooby » Fri May 26, 2006 2:23 am

Menus as in the drop down menus? Could be an OpenGL driver problem. This is their first commercial computer with that Intel graphics card.

djspringate

Post by djspringate » Fri May 26, 2006 3:40 am

Someone told me (apologies for not remembering your name whoever you were!) that if you press F9 (which causes OS X to show you all the open windows) the Blender window will refresh.

Now it appears this is the only problem and is currently unusable for me - it's far too annoying to have to press F9 anytime something changes - though the actual model manipulation windows work ok.

djspringate

MrMunkily

Post by MrMunkily » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:52 pm

Does the official PPC version (in rosetta) have the same graphical bug? If not, it should run at a usable speed for most tasks.

htlintinen

Post by htlintinen » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:03 pm

Yes, the official version has the same bug. I'm not sure the bug is in Blender. I think the bug is in GMA950 drivers.

MrMunkily

Post by MrMunkily » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:49 pm

has someone filed a bug w/apple? They were okay about fixing the last driver bug...

djspringate

Post by djspringate » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:51 pm

How do we file a bug with Apple about this?
I really can't wait for Blender to be released as a UB - I'm going to buy the books and everything..

Not one good free 3D modelling application is available on UB.. can't wait for Blender..

Anyone had any sucess yet?

htlintinen

Post by htlintinen » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:57 pm

berndtj in this thread at blenderartists.org forum writes that he has submitted the bug to Apple. Apple is aware of the problem and they are fixing it. berndtj has also made a temporary fix to correct the blender problem and the next release should work with GMA950 graphics.

djspringate

Post by djspringate » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:32 pm

Weird though, I downloaded the version from BlenderArtists including the supposed fix.. still no joy.

Can you believe I had to install Boot Camp just to use Blender!?

gunslinge109

Hmm

Post by gunslinge109 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:48 am

when i try to do border select (b button) on my intel macbook it just freezes blender for about 2 seconds, everything else works except border select. When i run blnder on the flip side (windows ;) ) border select works fine. I think this is a bug, any suggestions or similar issues with intel macs? Could it be the new verion of Python? thanks
-Gun 8)
:cool: