[UPDATE sculpt mode]Windows 20060627

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

pildanovak

Post by pildanovak » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:16 pm

infinder - you have to press make button for multires in mesh editing buttons, then add levels on new panel which occurs, sculpt in sculpt mode, choose from 3d window header.

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:30 pm

Compilation updated with a bug correct when adding new level.
See first post.

danyright

Post by danyright » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:00 pm

Wow ! Nice work !

Continue that way and Pixologic should really worry about Blender's modeling power ! :D

I'm impatient to see the following of this project !

Thanks for your work !
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
Oscar Wilde

CG_Tiger

Multires Levels Error

Post by CG_Tiger » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:03 pm

If you save the blend file, and reopen it, the level in the multires panel is incorrect. Change the level, and blender crashes.

Great to see such speedy progress.
Awesome work guys :D

lguillaume

Re: Multires Levels Error

Post by lguillaume » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:27 pm

CG_Tiger wrote:If you save the blend file, and reopen it, the level in the multires panel is incorrect. Change the level, and blender crashes.

Great to see such speedy progress.
Awesome work guys :D
Hi, thanks for the report, I send the bug to the author.

kakapo

Post by kakapo » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:49 pm

awesome! the multi resolution feature looks promising already. great project! :)

some observations:

- with one of my character models it always crashes
- with more than 100.000 faces it starts to get too slow on my pc (will it be possible to improve the performance within blender (i read on the wiki that blender somehow limits performance)? it already is very useful like it is now but if it were useable with 1 million faces it really could become competition for zbrush.)

after the project is finished it also would be very cool if someone implemented tanget space normal map baking from hires to lowres objects.

_Ph_

Post by _Ph_ » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:23 pm

kakapo wrote:awesome! the multi resolution feature looks promising already. great project! :)

some observations:

- with one of my character models it always crashes
- with more than 100.000 faces it starts to get too slow on my pc (will it be possible to improve the performance within blender (i read on the wiki that blender somehow limits performance)? it already is very useful like it is now but if it were useable with 1 million faces it really could become competition for zbrush.)

after the project is finished it also would be very cool if someone implemented tanget space normal map baking from hires to lowres objects.
It is surely because your model has "UVs mapping", i think that the sculpt mode do not take care "UVs mapping" at this state of development :cry: .
I have the same problem, so try to delete your UVs by pushing the buttom "Delete Texface" in F9 panel and blender will surely stop crashing.

++
_ph_

byDesign

crash & normal mapping

Post by byDesign » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:33 am

Thanks so much _Ph_ your post was a big help. I'm already using this on a realtime 3d project and I was having the same crash.

And I TOTALLY agree with kakapo about having normal map creation added to blender (along with displacement map creation of course now that we're getting a displacement modifier). It can't be too incredibly difficult because there's a ton of little programs out there that already do it, but the convenience of having it in Blender would be invaluable!