UPDATE: bf-blender 2.42 Release Candidate: RC2!

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

FastEddy

Post by FastEddy »

great release candidate... and many new things to explore. :-)

one little GUI error in the transform props panel in 3d-view:
when going to editmode and then hovering over the buttons of the panel sometimes they are blackened out and redrawn when hovering over them again.

beside that only some (3 all over the day if I remember correct) crashes, but nothing reproduceable.

fasteddy
[D X I . s t u d i o s] --- [ Join my current project: SF2 Intro-Animation ]

mstram

Re: UPDATE: bf-blender 2.42 Release Candidate: RC2!

Post by mstram »

ton wrote:Hi,

The official testing builds are here:

http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.42/

Windows, Linux, OSX, FreeBSD!

It's now sunday June 18th, we think of waiting a week with official releasing, so go find them bugs!

-Ton-
So are the official testing builds the June 18th builds?

(CVS mods made during the week are not going to be included ?)

If not, then I don't understand why the site is not being updated daily.

If so, then I guess I understand ... ?

Mike

kane

Post by kane »

hey i've found a bug in the nodelib.blend demo file, if you open the file it looks for the lib icetest.blend in /Users/ton/Desktop/ so it doesn't get any of the materials and if you load the lib yourself it doesn't update the nodes so it won't render with the mat at all
Close the world, txen eht nepo.

Glaurung

Post by Glaurung »

Hello,

Why reporting bugs is so buggy? I'm a plain user, not a CVS &%$/)(Tortoise expert... the famous account confirmation mail I don't know where is send, not to me... so i post here

After my complains i want to report a problem with this RC2, related to particles and Objecxt TimOffset:

When TimeOffset is set on a object with particle effects, if object is moved the TimeOffset is reset to 0.
to reproduce:

1- start blender
2- select the cube and set simply a timeoffset in appropiate field.
3- apply a particle effect to the cube. No needed to tweak settings.
4- move the cube to another position, after this the timeoffset value is reset.

testing the same without particle effect there's no errors.

I have tested in 2.41 and works normally and right, so you move an object (with particles and TimeOffset to 250) and TimeOffset value remains as is.

edit: sorry, i have missed my specs: windows rc2 and rc3 2.42 builds, on a pentium IV 2'4 processor, 1024 RAM and Win98SE installed.

Hope we solve this and thanks,
Glaurung
Last edited by Glaurung on Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

epat

Post by epat »

The split-screen/viewports feature that was added recently seems to be broken now! :(

Also, when running games in general, I suffer from repeated crashes(non reproduceable) which take the whole system -linux- down(esp. on Erwin's stress tests) - these crashes were present in other releases too but have been becoming increasingly more pronounced in the lastest versions of blender; in fact, some games that I made a while ago won't even run and instead they crash instantly! Unfortunately, due to the nature of these crashes, it is not possible for me to pinpoint them to any particlular problem; I think that they might just be memory overflows or something but it's a real pain to start a game you're working on and have blender crash instantly, having to reset the computer to continue, losing all your work.

I was just wondering if anyone else is suffering from the same prob. or whether it's just me?

- epat.
'Regret for wasted time is more wasted time.'
- Mason Cooley

ouch

Post by ouch »

3ds import plugin has a problem.

it will not import multitexture files correctly.

it will only extract faces from the first material.

but it will have multiple textures listed in the UV editor.

the 3ds file and textures tested are here:

http://www.geocities.com/ouch67/3dserror.zip

its a simple cylinder with the sides one texture and the top another.

epat

Post by epat »

oohh - we're on RC3 now; one slight problem, I downloaded the py24(not static) version for linux but it seems to have all hardware accelleration turned off - the menus and splash screen display really slowly - and it crashes instantly the moment I start the game engine.

Anyone else got this same problem :?:
- epat.

EDIT: All the RC3 builds for linux have this same problem - and come to think of it; the file sizes for the static and dynamic versions are both the same(for both py23 and py24). I smell a small error here on the part of whoever uploaded/compiled them :twisted: - anyway, I'll re-download them when they have been fixed...
'Regret for wasted time is more wasted time.'
- Mason Cooley

spectrum

Post by spectrum »

I'm trying to use FFMPEG but blender (rc3) quits with Segmentation fault.
I have tested all the builds for linux with no luck.
Last edited by spectrum on Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glaurung

Problem particle systems erasing Object's TimeOffset's

Post by Glaurung »

The problem reported by me a couple of days ago still occurs in the RC3. See the third page of the thread for more info.

Thank you all developpers.
and good luck!
Glaurung

djcapelis

Post by djcapelis »

epat wrote:EDIT: All the RC3 builds for linux have this same problem - and come to think of it; the file sizes for the static and dynamic versions are both the same(for both py23 and py24). I smell a small error here on the part of whoever uploaded/compiled them :twisted: - anyway, I'll re-download them when they have been fixed...
spectrum wrote:I'm trying to use FFMPEG but blender (rc3) quits with Segmentation fault. I have tested all the builds for linux with no luck.
Yep, sorry about that. We've refreshed the builds twice now... things _should_ work again. There was both an issue with the dynamic builds and an issue with crashing as soon as ffmpeg was started. The new build labelled -RC3a should have both of these fixed.

aligorith

Post by aligorith »

TimeOffsets are officially recognised as not working. However, they are not going to be fixed for this release, as they are part of a future project to fix up the timing system in blender.

Aligorith

Glaurung

Post by Glaurung »

Hello,
TimeOffsets are officially recognised as not working. However, they are not going to be fixed for this release, as they are part of a future project to fix up the timing system in blender.
OK, thanks, but they are working in 2.41, I'm wonder why not in 2.42. Personally i do not agree with this way of releasing half-working blender versions. Perhaps I'm uninformed, so excuse my ignorance. It's only my sight.

thanks again,
Glaurung

spectrum

Post by spectrum »

djcapelis wrote:an issue with crashing as soon as ffmpeg was started. The new build labelled -RC3a should have both of these fixed.
Thanks!
Now blender can import avi dv. WOW!

But... when I click on anim button there are some problems.
With format AVI and codec DV there is the error:
Error initializing video

This is a frame with format AVI and codec HuffYUV (blender cube):

EDIT: in this build there is also a bad quality of backbuf with fields.

djcapelis

Post by djcapelis »

spectrum wrote:
djcapelis wrote:an issue with crashing as soon as ffmpeg was started. The new build labelled -RC3a should have both of these fixed.
Thanks!
Now blender can import avi dv. WOW!

But... when I click on anim button there are some problems.
With format AVI and codec DV there is the error:
Error initializing video

This is a frame with format AVI and codec HuffYUV (blender cube):

EDIT: in this build there is also a bad quality of backbuf with fields.
This is something that should go to the bugtracker if it hasn't already.

gendou

Post by gendou »

Is there a version for OSX PowerPC 10.4? I have tried both OSX versions and the i386 10.4 doesn't run at all and the 10.3 has extreme lag in drawing the GUI, which is caused by resizing the window. After launching blender, the GUI responds normally, but as soon as I resize the window, the redraw grinds to a halt. It doesn't crash but is effectively useless. I hope this is resolved before final release.