Bug: Solid/Shaded view allows selection of hidden verts

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Heavily Tessellated

Bug: Solid/Shaded view allows selection of hidden verts

Post by Heavily Tessellated »

Sorry for making this a post, created a gForge account but haven't got my confirmation email, so instead of forgetting about it...

Also, bear with me if this is known already - basic as it is, I'm sure it's noticed! :D

Duplicating:

Take .B default cube, edge bevel it a bit. Still in top view, select the front face's verts, counterclockwise from upper left. As soon as you do, you'll notice a problem, the face doesn't light...

Change into wireframe and a perspective (default camera) and it's apparent what happens...

Not good. :(

2.42 RC2, and CVS just pulled 15 minutes ago both exhibit this.

aligorith

Post by aligorith »

This might be the wrong part of these forums to be posting this...

Anyway, have you checked whether the button to toggle only selecting visible vertices/edges/faces is on or off. If it is on, then this is definately a bug, but if it is off then that is the new default IIRC.

Aligorith

Heavily Tessellated

Post by Heavily Tessellated »

Crap! You are correct. Apparently it's off by default when in a solid or shaded mode. Blech.

That will be my first... err, fifth... patch. Not only set as default but everytime you change into solid or shaded it resets it to visible only regardless of it's last state. I must have screamed "FU*K!" 10 times yesterday, manually picking handfuls of verts only to see I only had half the ones I expected and many I didn't. Motivated me to create a forum account and make and post that image, after motivating me to create a gforge account... I guess you can tell I don't like it at all.

--

PS: re: correct forum, at least it's unimportant if this is the right place, now. Moderator: kill it with yer boomstick. :D