Blender v2.42a & YafRay v0.0.9 for Windows x64 *[Aug-11]

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

m25

Post by m25 »

adkiller wrote:
m25 wrote:[snip]
It happened me that when I added a very short (1 sec I think) sound track Blender crashed (not always though). It didn't happen with normal length tracks.
Does this happen with the latest builds? If you could send me a .blend file that causes the crash I could look into it and release a fix.

My e-mail: adkiller at post dot com

Thanks,
-Ad
It happened with the latest release and happens with all .blend files. Try inserting a 1 sec long WAV file.

adkiller

Post by adkiller »

m25 wrote:It happened with the latest release and happens with all .blend files. Try inserting a 1 sec long WAV file.
1 sec long .blend file

Tested 15 times using the file above. Did not receive any crashes whatsoever. I would appreciate it very much if you could upload a .blend file that causes the problem. It would go along way in a bug fix.

Thanks,
-Ad

kencanvey

Post by kencanvey »

I tested this Blend as well and did not get a crash, I also added a couple of 1 sec wav files to my own blend files but no crash.

Ken

m25

Post by m25 »

adkiller wrote:
m25 wrote:It happened with the latest release and happens with all .blend files. Try inserting a 1 sec long WAV file.
1 sec long .blend file

Tested 15 times using the file above. Did not receive any crashes whatsoever. I would appreciate it very much if you could upload a .blend file that causes the problem. It would go along way in a bug fix.

Thanks,
-Ad
Actually It happened wnen you moved the track aroung in the sequence editore, however, I will upload you a copy of it as soon as I can.

P.S: Also noticed sometimes with multiple files that the NumLoks frezes and you can't change the views from there even if the light is on. I have to save the file and reopen it to activate it again.

MerlinsGhost

Post by MerlinsGhost »

i would really love to get the x64 builds but the links get me to a forbidden to access builds on this server message. Also when i try to go to the graphicall website directly it says the site will be down for a few days... does anyone have access to working links for these filez........... thanx

adkiller

Post by adkiller »

m25 wrote:[snip]
Actually It happened wnen you moved the track aroung in the sequence editore, however, I will upload you a copy of it as soon as I can.

P.S: Also noticed sometimes with multiple files that the NumLoks frezes and you can't change the views from there even if the light is on. I have to save the file and reopen it to activate it again.
Can't seem to reproduce this bug as well. I tried adding all kinds of audio tracks into the seq editor and did not get even a minor glitch. It could be a certain combination that you have that causes this bug. I'll wait for you to upload the .blend file for this bug before investigating further.

Is the NumLock bug related to the seq editor bug or is this another bug by itself? What multiple files?

Thanks for taking the time to share this bug with me. :-)

Gracias,
-Ad

adkiller

Post by adkiller »

MerlinsGhost wrote:i would really love to get the x64 builds but the links get me to a forbidden to access builds on this server message. Also when i try to go to the graphicall website directly it says the site will be down for a few days... does anyone have access to working links for these filez........... thanx
I have updated the Blender x64 builds and made them available at:
Blender v2.42a for Windows x64 *SSE3* (R5)
Blender v2.42a for Windows x64 *SSE2* (R4)

Changes:
7 Aug 2006:
- Updated buggy Collada scripts in 2.4.2a to v0.3.89

I'll update the release notes with these new builds after graphicall.org gets back on its feet again.

Thanks,
-Ad
Last edited by adkiller on Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

kencanvey

Post by kencanvey »

Hi adkiller,

did you know that the first link for sse3 (R5) does not seem to have a file there?

Ken

adkiller

Post by adkiller »

kencanvey wrote:did you know that the first link for sse3 (R5) does not seem to have a file there?
Thanks for the heads up. It was working when I checked much earlier. I have updated the above link and seems to be working now.

TurboUpload is beta and may misplace uploads at times. However, it is a lot less restrictive than rapidshare and megauploads.

Any other reliable upload service recommendations?

Thanks,
-Ad

etr9j

Post by etr9j »

Hey Ad,

Thanks for adding the updated Collada script, that is a big deal to a lot of people.

The SSE3 (R5) link above is down again. If you would like, I would be happy to host these files on my own website (my host gives me unlimited everything, so that won't be an issue).

adkiller

Post by adkiller »

etr9j wrote:The SSE3 (R5) link above is down again. If you would like, I would be happy to host these files on my own website (my host gives me unlimited everything, so that won't be an issue).
I have updated the release notes with better download sites. Please do host if you could spare the bandwidth. I'll send latest updates directly to anybody who could host the x64 builds.

Thanks,
-Ad

m25

Post by m25 »

Why does your updated build (x64, SSE3) render slower than the previous. It makes my comparative scene in 42sec while the previous didi it in 36 ?!

P.S:I also emailed you a file that seems to have a bug.

adkiller

Post by adkiller »

m25 wrote:Why does your updated build (x64, SSE3) render slower than the previous. It makes my comparative scene in 42sec while the previous didi it in 36 ?!

P.S:I also emailed you a file that seems to have a bug.
It renders slightly slower due to precision improvements. Some scenes may not completely render if the precision was decreased. The mazda6 sample at www.katorlegaz.com is an example of a scene that would not completely render if the precision was not increased.

I have not recieved the file you've sent. Could you please send it again?

Thanks,
-Ad

etr9j

Post by etr9j »

Ad, sorry I didn't host the files, I hadn't I check this thread for a while. I will post back once I get the files uploaded tonight.

I'm actually posting aobut a weird issue I have been having with the R3 SSE3 x64 build that started happening after I updated my ATI card drivers to catalyst 6.8. When I start using UV mapping and texture painting Blender crashed on me consistantly (basically doing the tutorial I made at BN). Using the standard build from Blender.org worked fine. Any thoughts on this?

And of course I'll try it with the newest build tonight - so I probably should not post until I try it, but since I've already took the time to write about it...

etr9j

Post by etr9j »

Good news on both fronts:

After upgrading to the latest build, the texture issue went away.... at least so far it has.

I have also loaded the files on my own site. You can find the builds at

http://www.geneome.net/index.php/hosted-files/