elysiun.com sticky

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Saluk

elysiun.com sticky

Post by Saluk » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:31 pm

At the top of the forums, there should be a sticky directing people with blender usage questions rather than bug reports/development questions to the elysiun forums. New people don't know anything about elysiun!

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:04 pm

Yah, something like that... a 'sticky' topic is not the best method I'm afraid. I was thinking of having a link to elysiun help forums at the main forums page.

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:04 pm

Aye, I don't think a sticky would be the best option either,.. since quite frankly people can't read! :)

sten

We need a Portal now, showing the right way!

Post by sten » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:53 am

as a moderator here too on these forums, we really need to get this working, new users pop-up every now and then and I must gently point them to Elysiun.com , and it would be much easier if we had a Portal showing coders and users the correct way, in that way, we dont get much as work as we now get...we need it soon, since our userbase is growing much fast!!

And I dont know, maybe we need a FAQ for this forum, just a short simple one...

just my 2 cents ;)

Sincerly yours,
ztonzy

jeotero

Post by jeotero » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:45 pm

i think ton's idea is the best solution ... adding a link in the navigation bar like ...

Navigation
· Users Help Forum (or something like that pointing at elysiun.com)
· Developers Forum (or something like that)

· E-shop
· News
· Submit News
· Members List
· About Us & Contacts
· Verse[/b]

or even putting the links apart the "developers forum" at the end before Verse

just my .2 ;)

Jorge

joeri

Post by joeri » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:58 am

I got myself in a nice argument at elysiun. All my fault, I should have stated my opinion in a way suitable for people with big feet.

I seem to be one of the few that sees it as a problem that blender.org states elysiun as the official blender user forum and elysiun states themselfs as an independant website.

I wrote a little (idiotic) example to explain my point:
Some people want an answer to their question, not become member of a community.
Say you buy a car. But you don't know to open it (how to open this one, ofcourse you know how to open the one you had during your license training).
Then you ask the people where you bought it how to open it. (they turn out to be the manufactures of the car, the grumpy mechanics who don't want to answer to car drivers (pfew!)
And they say: "Well thats a wrong question to ask here, you should go there to that pub over there, there is where the hells angels are, they know how to open a car."

Anyway,...
Because of resource reasons (lack of them) I thought it might be a good idea to move the elysiun forum to blender and make that the official blender user forum. But they think thats a bad idea, and it propably is.

basse

Post by basse » Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:31 pm

i think the way to go also is to have a link page to redirect user to either development, or user forums.. at least for the time being.

.b

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:52 pm

Best idea:

Navigation
· Users Help Forum (or something like that pointing at elysiun.com)
· Developers Forum (or something like that)
· E-shop
· News
· Submit News
· Members List
· About Us & Contacts
· Verse[/b]