where do I post a request for builds ??

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Money_YaY!

where do I post a request for builds ??

Post by Money_YaY! »

Well theeth I am confused on where I post requests for cvs builds.. You get mad at me when I post in the most logical place which is the testing area, And posting into stickies seems to not catch someones attention for such a small thing.

Postings in news and chat is just for news and chat not requests or at least seems silly to waste space here. Soooo what shall I do not ask at all and let the attention of the builds linger for weeks while windows and linux still gets builds????

Desoto

Post by Desoto »

You don't post requests for CVS builds. Developers and users alike post them to the testing builds forum when and if they have time and/or feel like it. If it were done on a "per request" basis, nobody would ever have time to do anything else but do favors for users. Your ingratitude isn't exactly encouraging either I'm sure. Hence I invoke the ultimate source of wisdom: http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Building_B ... 117.0.html

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

wow what a rude remark. It is just a basic thing to ask, as a lot of builders do not post builds mostly because they see no intreast in them if there are not any requests, even though they have several home builds.

If you did a search you would see I was once a very avid builder and share user. I just dont have time currently to fiddle with cvs when it goes wrong. So I thought I would just kindly ask...

gabio

Post by gabio »

Desoto wrote:You don't post requests for CVS builds. Developers and users alike post them to the testing builds forum when and if they have time and/or feel like it. If it were done on a "per request" basis, nobody would ever have time to do anything else but do favors for users. Your ingratitude isn't exactly encouraging either I'm sure. Hence I invoke the ultimate source of wisdom: http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Building_B ... 117.0.html
yea, build it youself. Get in touch with some osx guru, try on #blendercoders. But the more it go the more the scons system get easy to build out of the box. if you can't because of bandwide, you have to know you'll have to download the source only once. cvs update isn't very huge after that.
And I build the win/linux when I feel to, if you read the sticky it's stated clearly. I'm not more special than anyone else, just the craziest zealot it seam...

theeth

Post by theeth »

Money_YaY! wrote:wow what a rude remark.
If you thinks that's rude (which it isn't), be glad I asked Desoto to answer instead of doing it myself...

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

matt_e

Re: where do I post a request for builds ??

Post by matt_e »

Money_YaY, surely you know the rules by now. And you've already had the explanation for why those rules are in place in previous threads, so I won't go into it again. If you'd like a new build, I'd suggest you either do it yourself like you have before, or perhaps personally contact someone who has posted builds in the past, and give them a very gentle reminder. Though I'm sure developers would be much more happy to help you if you didn't spend your time here annoying and insulting them.
Money_YaY! wrote:Well theeth I am confused on where I post requests for cvs builds..
It was me who locked that thread, not theeth (who is not an administrator here).

I'd like to lock this one too, but instead I'm moving it to a more on-topic forum (Foundation & Websites).

levon

Post by levon »

monkey yay

gabio post a new build around once a week for windows, and im preaty sure other people are doing the same for other OS's. what could you possibly want other then that???

gabio

Post by gabio »

levon wrote:monkey yay

gabio post a new build around once a week for windows, and im preaty sure other people are doing the same for other OS's. what could you possibly want other then that???
He is on osx...