having to add a topic twice?

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

macouno

having to add a topic twice?

Post by macouno »

Right a bit of an oddity and I'm probably not the only one faced with this.

Whenever I come here and try to reply or post a new thread... the first time all it does is bring me back to the forum home page.
Then I have to look for the thread all over again and click the post reply button again... all this whilst I should have been automaticly logged in (which I appear to be). Using IE here.

Might be something for a mod to look at.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

I have no such problems. Tested with both Konqueror and Firefox on Kubuntu 5.10.

/Nathan

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

are you going to blender3d.org or blender.org and if so which one are you at after login?

LetterRip

macouno

Post by macouno »

Ah yes... before I try to add a reply... I'm at blender3d.org, after I click I'm suddenly at the blender.org forum main page... that's it.

B@rt

Post by B@rt »

The site is hosted on two URLs (blender.org and blender3d.org), maybe the forum has only been configured for one?

/me pokes Timothy

Have fun,

B@rt
BlenderNation: Fresh Blender News, Every Day

macouno

Post by macouno »

that's exactly what it looks like to me.

I dunno but it might be that ehm... perhaps the login cookie that is saved is domain specific? so if you enter through the other domain it doesn't register properly???

Otherwise... if phpbb doesn't allow for multiple domain setup... how about adding a tiny redirect javascript to the index.php which always redirects anyone coming in through blender3d.org/forum to blender.org/forum?? that'd solve a heap, even though it's hackish.