Modeler / Texturer needed for Game Project

Discussions and feedback around the Open Projects such as Orange (Elephants Dream), Peach (Big Buck Bunny), Apricot (Yo Frankie!)...

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Modeler / Texturer needed for Game Project

Post by wrymn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:26 pm

Lately me and some friends of mine have decided to work on a game from scratch. It is a zombie survival game (yay! another one!!). We are all just beginning to work in game development and none of us has much experience with Unity, but we believe we will learn eventually.

What are we looking for:

-Texture artist ( HIGHLY NEEDED )

-Modeler ( HIGHLY NEEDED )

Preferably someone that does at least 2 of the things listed above.( Not that much required ) We currently have 3 people in the team (2 programers and a modeler). Also we need someone that lives in a country with the timezone close to GMT 0.
So without further a dues let's take a look at what we have planned for the game.

You are a US marines soldier that has just returned from duty in Iraq to his home in the US only to find out that the city has been isolated due to a dangerous virus that has spread in that city. Nobody is allowed to enter and all the habitants are being held by the government in order to avoid the further spreading of the virus. One of those habitants is the wife of the protagonist of the game. After he finds out that his wife is being held inside the city he decides to enter the city and rescue his wife putting his own life in danger.

We have planned to mix the elements of a FPS with elements of an RPG game such as stats, inventory, xp, quests, survival elements like hunger(maybe, thirst, sleep etc.) Aside from the main story characters the player will also meet characters that will give him side quests that he can decide to accept or not. If completed these quests will reward the player with xp as well as specific goods like food, guns etc. The player will also be able to explore the interiors of buildings in the city where he will find goods of any kind which will then be added in his inventory. In the city there will be also some safe houses that the player will need to discover where he will be able to rest free from zombies and store items as the inventory will only be able to carry a certain amount of items.

-What have we got so far:
Here is a video that shows our current progress with the game. It's not much, but it's a start and we only started a few days ago.

Note: All the models, sounds and animations you see in the game are just place holders and will be replaced later in the game.

I am interested, what should I do?
If you have one of the qualifications stated above and you are interested in working with us leave a reply below with the

following info:
Demo(pics or video):

Please note that we are doing this as a hobby and nobody is willing to get paid so take that in consideration before applying, however every single team member will be credited at the end of the game.[/u]

Post by Purge117 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:28 am

Hi there,
I saw your post and thought I'd offer some help.

I'm fairly sure that the position is now taken but I thought I'd try my luck.

If you would like to see some of my work, please visit -

I am 19 years old and from England (GMT+00:00)
I am capable of both modelling and texturing. My main area is in hard surfaces, however given the time I could also produce the characters.

I hope your project is going well and I look forward to hearing back from you.
If you would like to get in touch, my email is -

Many thanks,