New Blender user group in Wyoming

An open space where people who use Blender in an academic environment can share progress and the typical problems and needs of academic environments.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

New Blender user group in Wyoming

Post by Kirk » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Hello, My name is Kirk Wendel and I am starting a new user group in the Lander/Riverton area of Wyoming. I work at the local High School as a custodian and manage the auditorium.

I am posting here in hopes of attracting some of our local teachers to the user community. I have already worked with some of my school's teachers helping classes with animated reports. I have also taught animation to kids in the after school Lights-On program.

Example of my first BIG project is with the science department. Two science teachers, one english teacher and I (hopefully some students too) are making a 15 minute intro to the electro magnetic spectrum. Just started the story/script and would love to have the project completed for classes next year.

I understand new user groups often do not have a clear path on their purpose or structure. I would like to suggest the following and see how it goes.

1) Planning from the start to have a regular schedule for meetups. Nothing in stone yet, but weekly, monthly or bi-monthly minimum.

2) Included in what I will suggest is; a general sharing of skills, project teams to help each other, workshops and classes in a more formal sharing of skills, and possibly pull in guest speakers for mini conferences.

All thoughts on how to build the local Blender community will be greatly appriciated and taken into consideration.

So on Sunday, April 7th at 7:00pm, the location is Lander Valley High School 350 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander, Wy 82520 we will see how many interested people we can gather and see what direction(s) our group will go.

Know an educator in the area? Or just an enthusiast? Send them to RSVP at :