What is this error?

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

R-bothered

What is this error?

Post by R-bothered »

I've just downloaded Blender and when I attempted to run the program I got the following error seen below. How do I solve this error?

alarionfirn

Post by alarionfirn »

Well this error occurs because Blender can't find a .dll which is included in the Microsoft Visual C++ Redestributeable Package (which really everyone should have by now and vista has it anyways...). There is a short message under the windows section of the Blender-Downloadepage about that :) . So go again to http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/, read the note under the windows build and click on the link to download the ms visual c++ package and after you've installed it, Blender should start without any error message.

Happy Blending :)

R-bothered

Post by R-bothered »

I downloaded the ms visual c++ but that did not help. I'm wondering does the fact that I'm running Windows Home has anything to do with it?

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

First search your machine for the missing dll, if that doesn't work, search it from Google. I *think* that .net 1.0 should have it too.

edit: And when you find it, put it in you C:\Windows\system32 folder.

/Nathan

R-bothered

Post by R-bothered »

Thank you jesterKing your solution to the problem worked. Now I can blend with ease :)