Speed control in video sequence editor

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

greg.dorrian

Speed control in video sequence editor

Post by greg.dorrian » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:13 am

Hi, i'm having some troubles with video editing.

i have multiple avi movies i'm putting together to make a movie but with some of the AVIs they are too long, i don't want to crop them i just want to shorten the time they take... i've tried looking into tutorials with the speed control option but i can't seem to make it work. can anyone help me?? i'm using blender 2.48

I saw one tutorial that tells me the shortcut 'N' but it might have been an older version cos it seems not to work.

m.ardito

Re: Speed control in video sequence editor

Post by m.ardito » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:08 pm

greg.dorrian wrote:Hi, i'm having some troubles with video editing.

i have multiple avi movies i'm putting together to make a movie but with some of the AVIs they are too long, i don't want to crop them i just want to shorten the time they take...
from what i get, you want to show the entire length of your movies, but in less time. if this is right, i'll try to sort out some points... :)

1) in 2.48 no more "Nkey" in video editor: you have to look in the buttons panel, Scene > Sequencer buttons (F10) there are many contextual panels depending on the stripe you selected in the editor. experiment!

2) select a video strip and apply a speed effect. then, in the panels, there is a "global speed" setting, that should do what you need with the whole track. If you want your movie track do take half time, double the speed. there is no visual feedback in the track list though... kind of strange...

hope this helps!

Marco

bmud

Re: Speed control in video sequence editor

Post by bmud » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:04 am

WOW! I wasn't aware of Blender's ability to do such a useful thing. Sony vegas peaks out at running video at 4X speed. But this is great! :D