Problems running blender

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Rorion

Problems running blender

Post by Rorion »

Hello i have tried numerous times to instal the new blender 2.5 and it pops up the python window but nothing is there , then i get a screen says it has to close down blender, i have checked to make sure phython is there and it is. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong, i am running windows xp sp3.... i can run 2.49 blender fine.

psullie

Post by psullie »

try using the Zip download instead of the installer

Rorion

Post by Rorion »

i tried the zip file and it still not allowing me to run blender, the python box pops up but nothing is in it and then it gives the message shutting down blender.

muddyal

Post by muddyal »

Hi,

What version of Python do you have?

Rorion

Post by Rorion »

i have tried 2.6 and 2.7 and for some reason the c windows normally shows the loading of python and it doesnt show anything, its blank.

stiv

Post by stiv »

Blender 2.5x comes with the correct version of Python. I suspect this is a video driver problem.

Try running Blender from the command line. That way, any error messages will not disappear when Blender exits.

Rorion

Post by Rorion »

i have been experimenting and when i download the beta 5.6a run it the first time it comes up. but when i shut it down and try to run it again its not picking up the python that is bundled with the software and gives me that error the blender is shutting down, each time i delete and reinstall blender it works one time.