Is there an updated Blender Hotkey Reference?

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ohawari

Is there an updated Blender Hotkey Reference?

Post by ohawari » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 pm

The one published in this website is pretty old and I am not sure if all the hotkeys are still relevent:
http://download.blender.org/documentati ... erence.pdf
Any updated reference somewhere to be grabbed.
I appreciate your help.

j kaulfers

Post by j kaulfers » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Is ther an updated Hot Key reference?

I recently downloaded the same one you posted the link for. It seems to be relatively accurate. With the speed at which Blender is changing and up grading I don't think you will find one better.

If you are looking for specific hot keys you can go to user preferances and open the [Input] tab. In there you can view every hot key available on the version you are using. You will find the list is enormouse.

In order to learn more I have also registerd with http://www.blendtuts.com, and CGcookie, Cg Cookie is catagorised into 9 areas of blender, such as gamming, animation, concept art and so on.

In all likelyhood there will never be a complete list of hot keys, we have to learn the ones specific to the area we enjoy working in.

It may be possible to add a module using Python that would function like a DB search to extract the information from the INput section.[/u]

ohawari

Post by ohawari » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:02 pm

Thank you, j kaulfers for your response and for the useful hints.
When I saw the 2nd line in the referenced document stating that it is "Relevant to Blender 2.36" I was afraid that it may be missing on a lot of functionality since Blender has evolved so much since that version and I was just looking for a reliable reference that I can print and keep handy.

j kaulfers

Post by j kaulfers » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Your Welcome, I printed it as well.

brasshat

Post by brasshat » Mon May 20, 2013 7:05 pm

As the downloadable hotkey sheet is .31 versions behind, it really is time for anupdate!

brasshat