Please Help, I'm new to Blender.

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ErickL

Please Help, I'm new to Blender.

Post by ErickL » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:48 am

Hello I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right section I need help with blender. I'm in high school 10th grade taking Graphic Design this 2nd semester and I have a test tomorrow Thursday. I just downloaded and install Blender on my computer So I'm new. I been using blender at school for about 2 weeks. And today is my first time using it at home. I have miss so much school, been sick for while and I don't have notes on how to do these steps.
There are 3 test and my teacher told us to pick one and i chose the one that has the most points. For this test i got to do
Delta (35 points Possible)
1.) Edit cubes to model letters of the alphabet and build a word.
2.) Assign one of the secondary colors to all objects with a hex codes. Duplicate Lamb twice
3.) Add a plane and scale up to form the ground
4.) scale and Align all letters
5.) Position the camera to view from front
6.) Render

I don't understand number 1, 2, 4, and 5 I already know how to do 3 and 6. Please help on 1, 2, 4, and 5.

stiv

Post by stiv » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:33 pm

A good place for asking about using Blender is the user forums on blenderartists.org . There are also a great number of tutorials and help getting started under the Education & Help tab up above:

http://www.blender.org/education-help/tutorials/

stiv

Post by stiv » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 pm

A link to a high school course on Blender. Get the version that matches YOUR version of Blender. (2.49 and 2.6x are really different looking)

http://www.cdschools.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=455

j kaulfers

Post by j kaulfers » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Eric

Im not sure if you ar watching your post but, looking at the assignment you need to create some letters / a word and each letter needs to be a seperate object. So pick a word and add a cube for each letter. Then edit one cube at a time making that cube into one of the required letters.

It may be they want you to do the word Lamb (#2), not ssure about the hex issue.

Aligning and scaling can be done easily by using the grid lines in the 3D view. To scale you simply select the object, hit S and drag your pointer. To align you select the object and hit G to grab it and move it around. The same applies to the camera. You can see the camera view by hitting zero