can a Blender model be imported into wax 2.0?

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

uglijimus

can a Blender model be imported into wax 2.0?

Post by uglijimus » Tue May 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi,

I have a video of myself and in that video, I don't want to show my face. Instead of cropping, I want to create a 3d model out of a 2d picture of a helmet, export this helmet model, import it into wax 2.0 and then put it on my head throughout the video.

Will blender export a 3d model into a file extension that can be imported into wax 2.0?

CoDEmanX

Post by CoDEmanX » Tue May 14, 2013 10:52 pm

according to http://www.debugmode.com/wax/ Wax can import 3ds, and Blender exports 3ds. It doesn't necessarily mean it is going to work, but chances are good. But why use Wax? You could probably do your compositing in Blender as well.
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

uglijimus

Post by uglijimus » Wed May 15, 2013 4:03 pm

CoDEmanX wrote:according to http://www.debugmode.com/wax/ Wax can import 3ds, and Blender exports 3ds. It doesn't necessarily mean it is going to work, but chances are good. But why use Wax? You could probably do your compositing in Blender as well.
I can do that in blender as well? it accepts AVI video? Well, I'm pretty familiar with wax and blender looks pretty intimidating, but maybe I'll give it a shot. first though, I have to be able to make a 2d shot into a 3 model :)

CoDEmanX

Post by CoDEmanX » Wed May 15, 2013 6:53 pm

AVI, MPEG, MKV etc. should work, since blender has FFMPEG built in, so plenty formats are supported for import and mostly export. You can do compositing, video editing, tracking etc. etc. in Blender, but sure, there's a steep learning curve.
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

uglijimus

Post by uglijimus » Wed May 15, 2013 7:21 pm

CoDEmanX wrote:AVI, MPEG, MKV etc. should work, since blender has FFMPEG built in, so plenty formats are supported for import and mostly export. You can do compositing, video editing, tracking etc. etc. in Blender, but sure, there's a steep learning curve.
I see, well then I may stick to wax. But to be honest, I can't even get my svg to import into blender so the project may be dead in the water before I can even get to that part. doing some research...