Layouts not saved

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

yoloff

Layouts not saved

Post by yoloff » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:19 am

Hi guys, blender newbie here (max+maya user).

I'm trying to create my custom layouts and save them with the plus sign in the top left (where it says "default"). But they only stay there until I close Blender. On reopen my layout is not in the dropdown. Is there something I'm doing wrong or I'm missing something?

On a side note, I have some questions about using Blender with max/maya input preset - been trying to search the forum for those, but there are way too many posts about this. Anybody that has been in the forums longer than me can point me to the posts/topics that would be useful to me?

Thanks in advance, and may I say I am quite impressed with Blender and am trying to make it (a basic) part of my workflow.

Alex

yoloff

Post by yoloff » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:20 am

forgot to mention - using v2.67

Alex

Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 am

Setup the layout the way you like it then...

File --> User Preferences --> Save Startup File

Each time you launch Blender, it will use those settings.

If you open an older Blender file, it may contain the layout information from when it was saved. To keep that from affecting your layout...

File --> Open --> [uncheck 'Load UI' box on the left]

yoloff

Post by yoloff » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:37 am

Tehrasha wrote:
File --> User Preferences --> Save Startup File
Already tried that before posting here, doesn't work for some reason on my end. :(

Alex
/yoloff

yoloff

Post by yoloff » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:41 am

Actually what is troubling me more is that when I save out a new layout and reopen blender it is not in the dropdown list of available layouts. :(
/yoloff