Blender 2.3 Manual?

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

cgosch

Blender 2.3 Manual?

Post by cgosch » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:38 pm

Hi there,
any hints on when the 2.3 manual will ship?

Thanks,
Christian

iplayfast

Post by iplayfast » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:26 pm

I'm interested in this too. My son is still waiting for his Christmas present. :oops:

enigmasoldier

Post by enigmasoldier » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:09 pm

This makes 3 of us ton, when is it going to be done?

ox

Post by ox » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:03 pm

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 2&start=75

ztonzy had this comment on the subject over at Elysiun

daans

Post by daans » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:08 pm

ztonzy at Elysiun wrote:to calm down some users ordered the new manual, I have inside information that the manual are very close to go to print, meaning it is very close to be finished...
It was also almost near to go to print a month ago... When do we know for sure when it will be finished it is taking a really long time now.
And also an e-mail to everyone who ordered the manual would have been nice. My dad ordered on for me at the beginning of december and paid and never heard anything of it since.

deckard73

Post by deckard73 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:48 pm

daans wrote:
ztonzy at Elysiun wrote:to calm down some users ordered the new manual, I have inside information that the manual are very close to go to print, meaning it is very close to be finished...
It was also almost near to go to print a month ago... When do we know for sure when it will be finished it is taking a really long time now.
And also an e-mail to everyone who ordered the manual would have been nice. My dad ordered on for me at the beginning of december and paid and never heard anything of it since.
Its unusual to sell a book, that is not written. But you did a PRE-order. Like a new Porsche-Model :) You are first and have to wait.

In the meantime you can do a lot without that manual. there is enough information online. and there is the good old trial and error method.

bye
Enno

PS: I am waiting, too.

sedgetone

Post by sedgetone » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:12 pm

I'd rather wait and get a book that's up to date, well written and tested. There's nothing worse than trying to do a badly written tutorial as all that happens is you get frustrated with it.

All good things come to he who waits. It can't be that long off now, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Sedgetone

daans

Post by daans » Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:41 pm

sedgetone wrote:All good things come to he who waits. It can't be that long off now, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
True, but a mail with a status update would have been nice. My dad hadn't heard anything for more than three months.

sten

Post by sten » Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:06 pm

hey all...

the statement I made is true, it just have been some delays to it and also, Blender 2.32 just released some while ago, which means that that release will follow with the book (on the CD), and making new screenshots for the new gui into the manual is very important as well...which also takes time, for example: suddenly we have a book which not only tells how to use the new internal raytracer, also Yafray rendering (external and built in support) which haven't been at all before, and some other great stuff as well :)

but it is worth waiting, better to make a good product with great content and enjoying to read than rather speedy way to work, you will very well appricate the design in the book, I am sure! I myself like to read a printed manual over read on a screen, much nicer :D

the designer has worked very hard to get it nice looking, and making all documentation (before layout and design) is very much hard work as well...and the manual will contain over 600 pagers...heh...that's a lot, next time we have a new manual it might even contain for the gameengine, who knows?

[edit]
I can understand your frustration that mail from the e-shop said it would have been shipped, but it wasn't correct from beginning, so I am happy if you can stay put having patience for the manual shipping, but we are doing everything to make the manual as high quality as we can, and much better than anything before...and don't forget, your order of manual support Blender development!!
[/edit]

elfo

Post by elfo » Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:12 am

Hello all,

I ordered both a bobhat and a blender 2.3 manual a month ago.

I got the bobhat and a handwriten note beside "Blender 2.3 Guide" text in the receipt that said "ship after February 15".

Now, this is not enough info, that's clear. But seems as if they had some hope on that date.
Today is February 15 and I don't see any news about this, so I guess we'll have to wait a couple of weeks more.

Pablo Ruiz Múzquiz
spanish blender user.

sten

Post by sten » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:54 pm

hey,
the manual releasedate has been forward a little, as I type the manual is in the process of printing, so I guess it *might* will be ready in 1-2 weeks and then shipped, I know this because of inside information, I hope this will clarify some of the it.

thanks for the patience! :)

dienben

Post by dienben » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:59 pm

Hello,

Just one question: how many books will be printed?

Best Regards,

Dienben

S68

Post by S68 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:02 pm

enought ;)

Stefano