Blender doc

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

MadCoder

Blender doc

Post by MadCoder » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:13 am

Hi,

i'm new to blender and I would like to know how good is the doc curently available for blender. Blender seems to had a major change in v2.3, but all the doc refer to 2.25 or 2.28. The printed manuel covers the 2.x version, but the interface seems to have change completely.

So is the doc outdated or are the changes purely esthetic ? Even the tutorials have all the old interface.

thx :D
MadCoder

dandeloreon1984

Re: Blender doc

Post by dandeloreon1984 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:59 am

MadCoder wrote:Hi,

i'm new to blender and I would like to know how good is the doc curently available for blender. Blender seems to had a major change in v2.3, but all the doc refer to 2.25 or 2.28. The printed manuel covers the 2.x version, but the interface seems to have change completely.

So is the doc outdated or are the changes purely esthetic ? Even the tutorials have all the old interface.

thx :D
MadCoder
The major change, I believe is the interface, and the scripting engine.

Helmuti_pdorf

Post by Helmuti_pdorf » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:53 am

Hello MacCoder!
Yes, the interface has changed to better usage for a lot of newbe's . but in reality the old one works of course as usual. Only the visualization of the buttons in new panels are diferent as in the past. And a lot of new ones are now present.
BUT: the online documentation ( see the link left side) and the old manuals ( 1.8 and 2.0 I use) are good enough to live with it.
And nearby all tutorials are O.K. annd usable till today!
Only the new issues are not handled and the new screens-layout are a little confusing me, because I have to search some times where my buttons are shifted...
And the Python scripting is growing up in a way taht is amazing me!

Clear: the new 2.3 guide I am waiting for will be a treasure to search for new features. I newer used in the past. I have to learn again now technics.

regards
Helmuti
:lol:
regards Helmuti_pdorf

MadCoder

Post by MadCoder » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:52 pm

Ok
thx a lot guys :D I already started using the online manual and I can follow easily enough. Cant wait for 2.3 manual though hehe.

MadCoder

teachtech

Post by teachtech » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:39 pm

I'm writing a Blender Basics workbook designed for the classroom using the new interface, but it will still be a few weeks until it's ready for PDF output. Still need to finish a few chapters yet. I'll do a post when done.