Help with creating armatures in gingerbread man tutorial?

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mikew

Help with creating armatures in gingerbread man tutorial?

Post by mikew »

After successfully completing the "Gus", the gingerbread man tutorial in chapter 4 of the Sep. 22, 2003 (S68) PDF version of the Blender Docs with an earlier version of Blender (2.27?), I tried it again in blender 2.32.

Many UI features have changed (for the better) and I've been able to work through the tutorial part way, discovering the new ways to do things (e.g., to mirror copy objects in the X direction).

But I'm stuck on adding armatures (in the Rigging section of Chap. 4). The Edit Buttons window (Fig. 4-52) is different; when I click the Draw Names button, I can only get the name for one armature to show up; changing the name of an armature doesn't change the displayed name. I'm confused. Something fundamental has changed.

Any hints? Is the appropriate section of the new manual available online? (I've ordered the printed copy, but won't receive it (here in the US) for a couple weeks.)

Until I figure out how to get through this roadblock, I'm stuck :(

TIA,

Mike

lascarova

Post by lascarova »

Hi Mikew,

try selecting all armatures first (AKEY) then you should be able to see and change each individual armature's name.

lascarova

Post by lascarova »

also make sure you are in edit mode