Blender Manual 2.32 Docbook files

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

adame

Blender Manual 2.32 Docbook files

Post by adame » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:11 pm

Is it by some way possible to achieve the Docbook files for the new blender manual?

S68

Post by S68 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:39 pm

Chapters 1 to 7 are on the CVS right now

I'm going at 1 chapter/day rate :P

Stefano

adame

Post by adame » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:17 am

Nice, thanks. I checked the CVS yesterday and downloaded it all but my docbook installation could not compile because of missing files.

How many chapters does it have?

phrentec

Post by phrentec » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:56 pm

is it possible for someone to please post it somewhere else. like get it from the cvs and put it up on an http. I don't know where on the cvs it is. also what are docbook files. maybe ill wait till it comes out as html/pdf. thanks.

Oso

Post by Oso » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:09 am

S68 has been doing a fabulous job of getting the materials online. I've been working on creating both PDF and HTML output based on his progress. I'm very close. I just have some graphics linking issues to resolve. Once I'm successful, I'll post a URL to where the documents can be downloaded. I plan to continually update the doc as S68 adds chapters until the entire doc is back online. At that point my stuff won't be needed any longer.

chriskeith

Where in cvs are the doc chapters?

Post by chriskeith » Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:27 am

I gotta echo phrentec on this. Are the chapters in bf-blender or in some other repository? When I look at this page:

http://projects.blender.org/viewcvs/vie ... bf-blender

I only see the blender and lib modules, and I can't find any files in those cvs modules named chap*.* or any XML files that look like document chapters.

I'd actually like to submit some changes/corrections to the "Quickstart" chapter, but I need to know where the files are first... :) Stefano, do I submit these changes to you? Thanks for all your work.

Chris Keith

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:30 am

They are in the docboard repository (see projects homepage for all projects hosted here).

/jesterKing

chriskeith

Post by chriskeith » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:59 pm

Thank you, jesterKing.

A quick question - what do people use for editing the XML chapter files? YFTE (Your Favorite Text Editor)? Or is there some recommended tool?

Thanks,
Chris Keith

phrentec

Post by phrentec » Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:27 am

chriskeith

Post by chriskeith » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:06 am

Thanks, phrentec. I hunted around and found it, and have the doc source currently on my system. Now I'm trying to figure out where to download docbook2html/jw/etc. so I can verify that I don't break anything when I do edit it. If I have any more questions I'll certainly ask, but I'm trying to figure it out myself before bugging anyone else. :)

chriskeith

Post by chriskeith » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:10 am

Thanks, phrentec. I hunted around and found it, and have the doc source currently on my system. Now I'm trying to figure out where to download docbook2html/jw/etc. so I can verify that I don't break anything when I do edit it. If I have any more questions I'll certainly ask, but I'm trying to figure it out myself before bugging anyone else. :)