SEASCAPE TUTORIAL POSTED

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

cog

SEASCAPE TUTORIAL POSTED

Post by cog »

:D I have just posted a tutorial on creating Seascapes and Oceans on my Cog Website.

http://www.cogfilms.com/tutorials.html

It's over 4,000 words in length and has 48 screenshots explaining all the techniques neccessary to create a realistic ocean scene.

COG
Last edited by cog on Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cog

Cog Updated Site

Post by cog »

I have added an introductory tutorial just on animated procedural textures that is only 4 pages long and 125kb.

http://www.cogfilms.com/tutorials.html

This was a section that I removed from my seascape tutorial as I thought it was getting a little long. However, I had referred to it there and thought it would be useful to some as well. I have modified the seascape tutorial slightly to reflect this new tutorial, but don't worry you will not have to download it again if you have the old version. It's only some formatting changes (coloured header to help separate it) and the reference to the new tutorial.

I have also added some new example movies, available from the menu, that shouldn't break your modem to download. These are in Quicktime format.

Anyway I hope you like.

Cog

GFA-MAD

Post by GFA-MAD »

Magic magic magic.... I love the Blender world...It's magic...
It's full of people like you cog who are spending times to create great tutorial with...great results. It's full of peaple who are spending time to help Blender becoming the number one.
Your tutorial is great ! The only thing wich is missing is a wonderfull title.
I've download this tuto and maybe I'll print it.

Great job. :D. The final movie is impressive.

GFA-MAD

Oso

Post by Oso »

Cog,

Absolutely brillaint work on the tutorial! My hat is off to you!

gabio

Post by gabio »

realy great.

cog

Post by cog »

Thanks all.

I personally get tremendous satisfaction from learning how to achieve things in Blender. Producing any kind of 3D work requires enormous knowledge, ingenuity and patience and when I first started over a year ago it impressed me how many people had freely contributed to my learning experience of such a great program. I therefore fully intend to share any small knowledge that I pick up on my way to creating my animated short 'Cog'.

I am currently working on wave crests and hope to have another tutorial up on my website soon.

Cog

Oso

Post by Oso »

If it comes anywhere close to your previous tutorials, it will be more than worth the wait! I look forward to your next installment. Keep up the excellent work.

mortlocl

Post by mortlocl »

:D geez, that looks great. Ever since I'd seen that mpeg file called ocean I've wondered about making sea animations. Thank you.

Koba

Post by Koba »

Undoubtably the best Blender tutorial I have seen. Interesting techniques, well presented, with a very realistic and usable result. Great work.

I will use these techniques in my next project though no animation (i'll be using yafray :D).

Looking forward to future tutorials.

Koba.