pictures in pdf manual

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

gabe1k

pictures in pdf manual

Post by gabe1k » Tue May 25, 2004 12:28 am

the larger pics in the pdf manual "Blender Documentation Volume 1- User Guide" are cut off on the left side. So when during the gingerbreadman tutorial it tells you to configure the settings like the picture, you can't becuase the settings are cut off. any idea how to fix this?
thanks.

Raavin

Post by Raavin » Fri May 28, 2004 8:23 am

Unfortunately you won't be able to. PDF is based on a postscript printer file so I think it's been cut off during 'printing'. It seems like the dimensions of the html version have been retained and some of the pics are too big for the page. Mainly the full screen pics and the full length button window pics.

I was considering redoing one based on the html version which, as I said, I think is what they've done for the current pdf version. I'll leave it for a little bit. The creators may have already noticed it and they obviously have it set up.

If you want the full pics check out the html version.

Raavin :)

Ringo7

Re: pictures in pdf manual

Post by Ringo7 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:05 am

gabe1k wrote:the larger pics in the pdf manual "Blender Documentation Volume 1- User Guide" are cut off on the left side. So when during the gingerbreadman tutorial it tells you to configure the settings like the picture, you can't becuase the settings are cut off. any idea how to fix this?
thanks.
Yes, you can fix this with the full version of Acrobat (v4 or higher). You simply select the arrow tool, click and drag the image back into view. I do this all the time with other Blender tuts that have the same issue.

When a PDF file is created from a Postscript or HTML document, it never crops the images hanging over the page edge. It simply hides the clipped area of the image and can be dragged back in to view.