Tutorials about "OrCo mode"

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

env

Tutorials about "OrCo mode"

Post by env »

Two tutorials related to the "OrCo mode" technique to apply the textures in Blender:

http://www.enricovalenza.com/textures.html
http://www.enricovalenza.com/rvktextures.html

Hope these can be useful to someone. :)

Env

gabio

Post by gabio »

Ho...
Very interesting.
i didn't ever asked myselft how all these mapping solutions were working.
great one for orco.

env

Post by env »

Thanks for the comment, Gabio, and, BTW, many thanks for all your cvs builds. :)

Env

Oso

Post by Oso »

env,

Another great tutorial! I did have a couple of questions, however.

1) I am correct in assuming that the orientation you used to creat the object in Blender was the side view? I'm trying to understand the X-Y-Z settings for the different materials.

2) You mentioned that there are two different front-back materials, one for the front head and arms (orange) and one for the hindlegs and ankles (red), because you couldn't use the same texture for both parts. Could you explain why you couldn't. Was it an artistic choice or for some other reason?

Thanks! Sorry for the dumb questions. :oops:

env

Post by env »

Hi!
No dumb questions at all. :)

1) Actually I can't remember this, because I don't always keep the same view to start an object..., btw, it is not so important, it is enough a little try to discover the right orientation of the object axes and, therefore, the correct setting for the textures.

2) The reason was that the legs had a different bump map than the forearms, especially at the knees, so I had to use two different materials to show different folders in the skin.

Env

Oso

Post by Oso »

Thanks!