Modeling turning and twisting joints

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Reno_fox

Modeling turning and twisting joints

Post by Reno_fox » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:44 am

I've been modeling a character for a game, but how do I model the shoulder so it can move naturally while moving the skeleton? When the arm is turned down and then to the front, the polygons at the shoulder twist 90 degrees.

I've gotten the elbow and knees to bend, but what's the best way of keeping the limbs in right shape at the joints when moving the skeleton?

joeedh

Re: Modeling turning and twisting joints

Post by joeedh » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:33 am

Reno_fox wrote:I've been modeling a character for a game, but how do I model the shoulder so it can move naturally while moving the skeleton? When the arm is turned down and then to the front, the polygons at the shoulder twist 90 degrees.

I've gotten the elbow and knees to bend, but what's the best way of keeping the limbs in right shape at the joints when moving the skeleton?
Weight painting? I dunno.

joeedh

joeri

Post by joeri » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:03 am

The most given response to user questions is that you are better of asking them in a users forum.
Asking them on a developers website like this one might give you very technical responses.
Here are some links to users who had the same problem you have and solved them: http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Websites.7.0.html