Submitting tutorial corrections/updates

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

chaz

Submitting tutorial corrections/updates

Post by chaz » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:11 pm

Howdy! I'm a new Blender user (version 2.36) and I'm going thru as many tutorials as i can to get aquainted with the software.

However, I'm finding a few instances of (inadvertant) omissions that would be helpful new users like myself and would like to know how to recommend an update or update the tutorial myself.

For example:

In the Posing tutorial on Gus, the gingerbread man:

The way it currently reads:

6. We now need a third pose at frame 21, with the right leg up, because we are in the middle of the other half of the stride. This pose is the mirror of the one we defined at frame 1. Therefore, return to frame 1 and, in the Armature Menu in the 3D Window header select the Copy Pose entry. (Figure 65). You have copied the current pose to the buffer.

The corrected version:
6. We now need a third pose at frame 21, with the right leg up, because we are in the middle of the other half of the stride. The pose we need is the mirror of the one we defined at frame 1. Therefore, return to frame 1, make sure all armatures are selected (AKEY), and in the Armature Menu in the 3D Window header select the Copy Pose entry. (Figure 65). You have copied the current pose to the buffer.

The reason this update is important to me is that Blender will not copy and paste the pose (or the flip) if the armatures are not selected.

I very much appreciate the author's hard work to come up with such a detailed and extensive tutorial and only wish to help.

Thanks!

Chaz

S68

Post by S68 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:26 pm

Join bf-docboard mailing list!

Stefano