Incremental Contribution of Documentation

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dkmweeks

Incremental Contribution of Documentation

Post by dkmweeks »

Hello.

How do I contribute a "versioned" guide to the book? Specifically, I'm working through the book's chapter four, Quickstart: Modeling, which is written for v.2.36(???), but I am using v.2.37a. And the "stuff" is different.

With patience, and LOTS of web assistance, I'm getting it.

What I'd like to do is provide this chapter with my notes on the differences I'm finding between versions, and also my goofy noob mistakes and other lessons, learnt along the way.

Perhaps a scribus pdf? I'd reproduce, or at least reference --- parts of the chapter.
I'm pretending to be an actor.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

Hi,

join the blender docboard list

http://projects.blender.org/mailman/lis ... f-docboard

is probably the best way to help out,

LetterRip

dkmweeks

Post by dkmweeks »

Do I have to subscribe to contribute?

I'd rather not subscribe. I can't get to what comes in now, and that's not counting the promising offers of youth, enlargement, cheap drugs, free mortgages, and sexy women right in my own neighborhood.

Would I merely send a draft/completed file to the list and wait for feedback? What format should I use? And what not....

stiv

Post by stiv »

Would I merely send a draft/completed file to the list and wait for feedback? What format should I use? And what not....
Heh. If you subscribe you would know these things.

The mailing lists are set up to filter out posts from non-subscribers as part of the spam filtering.

joeri

Post by joeri »

stiv wrote:
Heh. If you subscribe you would know these things.

The mailing lists are set up to filter out posts from non-subscribers as part of the spam filtering.
I'm not to sure about that.
The mailing list is not a self explaining entity.

For a non-user website it's pretty fage what kind of website it's suppost to be. As all 'real' development seems to happen on irc and mailinglists.
dkmweeks wrote: What I'd like to do is provide this chapter with my notes on the differences I'm finding between versions, and also my goofy noob mistakes and other lessons, learnt along the way.
Good plan. Versioning in the (online) documentation is a thing I miss very much. But I would not know how to help you on how to get involved other than pressing the link "Get Involved" on the left

stiv

Post by stiv »

I'm not to sure about that.
The mailing list is not a self explaining entity.
No, it is not self-describing. However, the topic of "I am new and want to contribute" is quite common. Current list discussion is about how to lower the barriers to participation.

It is possible to subscribe to the lists in digest mode to reduce the number of msgs.

Oso

Post by Oso »

dmweeks:

Send me your notes including the references to the doc via email (martin.middleton.AT.verizon.net) and I'll create the diffs and submit them to the docboard for you.

dkmweeks

Post by dkmweeks »

Oso wrote:
Send me your notes including the references to the doc via email (martin.middleton.AT.verizon.net) and I'll create the diffs and submit them to the docboard for you.
OK.

And thanks.

dkmweeks

Post by dkmweeks »

uh, nevermind.