Blender Doc VolI :: chapter 4 :: Building the body

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

kvag

Blender Doc VolI :: chapter 4 :: Building the body

Post by kvag » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:01 pm

Hello

I would like to ask about the Blender Documentation and more specific about a thing I can't do as it is stated in the User Guide manual.

I am a newbie and I follow the instruction on chapter 4::Building the body to build the body of the man. When I try to do my first extrude only the "front" vertices are deleted.

I have asked for help in the IRC and they told me that in order to select the back too I have to switch to WireFrame Draw Type. I then checked the manual and saw that it wasn't mentioned. In fact when you say in chapter 4::Warming up to open blender in your screenshot it is by default in wirerame. I have win 2.37a and it opens up in Solid Draw type.

I report this in order to fix it :)

Does this change anything in the procedures of the next subchapters?

Thanks

Carl

Post by Carl » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:50 pm

Hi!

You can use the "Z" key to toggle wireframe/solid.

Regards
Carl

Brian

Post by Brian » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:47 am

There is another way, there is a selection limiter button, that by default does not allow you to select "through" an object in solid draw mode, but if you deselect it, you will then see your edges and verts through your model still drawn in solid mode, and be able to select the backfacing verts/edges/faces:

Note in this picture the button pointed at, and that the viewport is in solid draw mode.

If you click that button, you can see the difference in this picture.

kvag

Post by kvag » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:30 pm

Thanks alot!

I am newbie and all these little tips help alot. I want to do the tutorial and the rest of the manual to learn how to use blender. If I run into something else I will let you know

BTW. Do the documentation writters check this forum (in order to fix this) or should I report this somewhere else?

Robin

Post by Robin » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:19 pm

You know there is a forum just for questions like this. It's called elysiun. www.elysiun.com