Index of models and donut model

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

chaz

Index of models and donut model

Post by chaz »

Would it be possible to have an index of shared 3d models on this site, or is there already one (couldn't find one)?

Can someone point me to a tutorial/document that shows how to make a donut/hula hoop type of model in blender?

Thanks!

Chaz

z3r0_d

Re: Index of models and donut model

Post by z3r0_d »

chaz wrote:Can someone point me to a tutorial/document that shows how to make a donut/hula hoop type of model in blender?
space->add->nurbs->donut?

chaz

donut model

Post by chaz »

z3,

I don't have space/add/nurbs/donut in 2.37a. I tried space/add/surface/nurbs donut, but it rendered out as a cube.
What am i doing incorrectly? Just looking for the wireframe donut.

Thanks for your help.

chaz

Nevermind, sorry

Post by chaz »

It came out right this time. Had to shut down blender and restart.

thanks for the help.

chaz

scaling donut

Post by chaz »

now that i have the donut, I need to reduce the diameter of it to make it more like a hula hoop. Any suggestions? I was able to flatten it with scale, but not reduce the width so it's skinny all around.

thanks!

z3r0_d

Re: scaling donut

Post by z3r0_d »

chaz wrote:now that i have the donut, I need to reduce the diameter of it to make it more like a hula hoop. Any suggestions? I was able to flatten it with scale, but not reduce the width so it's skinny all around.

thanks!
yes, that unfortunately is not really trivial

what about starting with an empty mesh, adding a circle, and using the spin tool?

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

use shrink/fatten

LetterRip

madcello

Post by madcello »

Make 2 bezier circles, a large one (diameter) and a small (thikness of the ring). Select the bigger one, hit F9 and find "Bev ob:". Write in there the name of the small circle (object name). That's it. If you want it bigger, edit the large circle, if you want it thinner or fatter, edit the small circle.

Tip: Play with "DefResolU:" first, witch is in F9, in both circles, if you want to convert to mesh.

p.s. this is the development forum of Blender, for users questions go to http://www.elysiun.com