PROBLEMS OPENING BLENDER WITH MAC OS X

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

triadic_monk

PROBLEMS OPENING BLENDER WITH MAC OS X

Post by triadic_monk »

I have just downloaded the Blender for Mac OS X on to my brand new IMac G5 computer but when I open the program it immediatly closes. Does anyone know how to solve this problem???
It would be very much appreciated if you do know how.

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d »

DOES YOUR SUBJECT REALLY HAVE TO BE IN ALL CAPS?

the brand new intel imac g5? if that's the case... well, you're probably the first to comment on wether it does or doesn't work. So far the best we know is "probably" but it could easily be wrong.

soon the developers should be getting some intel macs [probably they're waiting for macbooks] and trying to fix the code to understand that apple means both powerpc [big endian] and intel x86 [little endian]

if you mean an older imac... about all I can suggest is selecting "thousands of colors" instead of "millions of colors"

osxrules

Post by osxrules »

z3r0_d wrote:the brand new intel imac g5?
The Intel imac is an Intel not a G5 but then again, it could be a mistake of the original poster.

Anyway triadic_monk, just follow the usual procedure and note the crash report or console activity and post it back here.

MrTortoise

Post by MrTortoise »

Try to download the MacosX version with Python 2.3. Python 2.4 does not work unless you have it installed on your system.

Good luck

The Life Of Bryan

I had the same problem

Post by The Life Of Bryan »

Blender wouldn’t launch on my G4 tower under Mac OS X 10.4.6. I grabbed the Python 2.3 build and all is well. At least so far, haven’t yet started playing.