New documentation (using Orange project?)

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

JiriH

New documentation (using Orange project?)

Post by JiriH »

Hello,

regarding enormous development of Blender I would like to ask whether and when there will be issued new user book.

There is so much new functions or work-flow changes that only core-blenderheads are in and up to date. Much new things are even to come (node editor etc.).

I think that no only noobs but all community feels that this is the main weakness of today's Blender. As Blender 2.40 nearly archives the complexity of professional applications also documentation and manuals should be maintenanced such professionally.

I have lots of friends who rather choose cracked pro applications because of brilliant manuals and tutorials to be compared with really weak and poor Blender doc background.

I think Blender team should not underestimate this weakness.

For example Orange project could be used as a good first step. Why not to choose the shortest part or some short shots and make a tutorial from the beginning to the final animation?

Jiri

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo »

wiki.blender.org
:-) Hosting for your test builds:
GraphicAll.org

JiriH

Post by JiriH »

Ooh yes,

all of us know this link. But this it just the briliant example how even online documentation is out of date and poor. (Not to mention the documentation on blender.org)

Jiri

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

The online documentation is trying to catch up with 7 releases worth of development as well as what is currently in development.

Given that the documentation has only been online for about six months (one and a half release cycles) it has made huge strides in that time.

I don't know if there are plans for a new manual - if one happens the soonest would probably be to try and print one for Siggraph.