Blender Basics 2nd Edition now available!

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

teachtech

Blender Basics 2nd Edition now available!

Post by teachtech »

Due to lots of interest in the first edition (plus I needed it for myself) I've finished re-writing the Blender Basics Classroom Book to reflect the changes in version 2.41. Lots of new chapters, screen shots and corrections along with a new format. I'm going to be presenting at the national Tech Ed convention in Baltimore MD next month on Blender so that helped motivate me to get this done!

For those not familiar with the manual, I've organized the basics into a logical sequence to use in my classroom. Most chapters can be completed in an hour (2 at best) with exercises to complete. It is written in more of a discussion format rather than the old step#1-draw this, step#2-do that. The manual can be downloaded as one big file (20 megs-118 pages long), as 3 parts, or as individual chapters.

Link from my page: http://jbchron.home.att.net/
or directly to the district's website:
http://www.cdschools.org/54223045235521 ... =0&C=55205

Enjoy- hope it helps!

Ryz

Post by Ryz »

Nice work! Could be linked somewhere into the wiki...

dreamsgate

Post by dreamsgate »

teachtech, you have outdone yourself again. I will be pointing all newbies to this workbook. It is fantastic to see a teacher so dedicated to blender.
Managing Editor Blenderart Magazine:
blog | E-shops | My Squidoo Lenses | personal webpage

teachtech

Post by teachtech »

Thanks dreamsgate. I also want to take the opportunity to compliment you on the blenderart magazine. :D This is what make Blender the best program out there!

GusM

Post by GusM »

Great work as usual, Teachtech, thank you very much. This will be very usefull for my students too.

Regards,
Gustavo Muñoz
Last edited by GusM on Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teachtech

Post by teachtech »

Glad to help :D