Proofreading the Manual

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

d_f_barbour

Proofreading the Manual

Post by d_f_barbour »

I am reading the Blender documentation for the first time and working through the examples. I would like to know who might be interested in typos and other errata I come across.

For example, in: ----Manual / Part II / Edge and Face Tools / Face Selection by Looping---- I notice that "versus" is misspelled "verses" a number of times.

Who collects and fixes such things? I am willing and able to contribute in this small way to this great project (Blender). Please advise.
David Barbour
Swan Development

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

Hi David,

register at the wiki, then email me the nickname (the front page of the wiki tells you my email address), and I can give you edit permissions.

LetterRip

an-toni

Post by an-toni »

a good thing about the wiki, where the manual lives, is that the text can be edited in place. so basically the people who have wiki authoring rights can do it.

the wiki pages also have Talk pages .. can you post notes there without an account?

the ppl who work with the docs usually hang out on #blenderwiki on irc and there is a docboard mailing list too.

if you really wanna help, i think you can ask for wiki edit rights, and then just do the corrections there yourself.

~Toni

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

an-toni - nope can't edit the talk pages without an account either, we had to lock down the wiki due to spambots... so only authorized users can change any page...

LetterRip

d_f_barbour

All taken care of

Post by d_f_barbour »

Necessary permissions obtained. Thanks for your replies.
David Barbour
Swan Development

pinhead_66

Post by pinhead_66 »

hi, I also would like to help with the documentation concerning the manual and tutorials.

I'm just not quite sure which skills and knowledge are required to participate.

greets

pinhead_66

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

pinhead_66,

just a willingness to contribute is all that is needed, just read the front page of the wiki and it gives directions for how to get edit rights (ie sign up, then email me...).

LetterRip