Issue with setting camera parented to object/player

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

szupek

Issue with setting camera parented to object/player

Post by szupek »

Hello, I am having an issue where I am trying to set the camera to an object (a tank in this case). Forward and backwards work fine. Left and right rotation work fine, but NOT while in the First Person view. When I rotate the object along the Z axis, the camera suddenly breaks it's plain. What am I doing wrong? I can't find any good documentation on this either.

you can download the blender file here. Just open in 2.66 go to first person camera mode (0 on num pad) and hit P to run. (p to exit again, if it xfers over in the .blend file) W moves forward, S moves backwards, and A and D screw it all up.

Please let me know the best practice for doing this. I dont want ot use a pre-written.py script because I want to learn it myself.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4ZIwmA ... sp=sharing

szupek

Re: Issue with setting camera parented to object/player

Post by szupek »

amaan

Post by amaan »

The problem is that I made my character turn back and forth. I.E. if you are facing right and hit the left key, the character object is turned 180 degrees. That works great, except that the camera (being a child of the the Player) also turns 180 degrees