weight paint problem

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

farazfo

weight paint problem

Post by farazfo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:51 pm

hi everyone
I have this problem with weight paint that is no matter how i paint my objects weights seems to not be doing anything
no matter if i paint it red or yellow or light blue it all acts the same
i have attached an example in which i have painted a plain in shades from light blue to red but when i move the bone they all move the same

j kaulfers

Post by j kaulfers » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:07 am

I think we would need to know a bit more to answer your question. Are you animating characters or objects?

the image shows a plane with one bone, it would be easier to just go into object mode and move the object then insert a key frame.

I would love to help, but I need to know what you are trying to do.

Weight painting is a very complex process, it takes alot of time and is mainly for character animation to make things look real.

I started a forum just for weight paint located in the "Documentation and Education" forum. I spent coumtless hours experimenting with weight paint you may get some answers in my posts.

CoDEmanX

Post by CoDEmanX » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:54 pm

1.) Make sure [x] Deform is checked in the Bone tab
2.) The Mesh's Vertex Group needs to have the same name as the Bone (Object data tab)
3.) Mesh needs to have an Armature modifier with Object set to your Armature (Modifiers tab), Bind to: Vertex Groups has to be ticked
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...