Can't move bones in pose mode

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bill2reg

Can't move bones in pose mode

Post by bill2reg »

Blender 2.66

I made a simple rig to try to learn about pose mode, pose library, etc. I added a single bone and then in edit mode, I extruded one bone and repeated to make a total of four connected bones. I went into pose mode, added a pose in the library named it 'rest'. But when I wanted to move the bones from the straight (rest) position, they wouldn't move. The manipulators are there, but they did nothing. I also tried using keys G,R and S but nothing. I went back to edit mode and I could move the bones, then back in pose mode and added a new pose to the library, named it 'curl'. But then the 'rest' pose was the same as the curl pose and no way to animate. This is extremely simple because I am just learning about rigging, armatures, bones etc. Is this a bug in 2.66 or am I not doing something right? I have watched several video tutorials, and they were all able to move the bones in pose mode, which seems the way it's supposed to be. I don't think any of them were using 2.66 though, so maybe it's a problem with the new version. Otherwise it has to be done differently in 2.66 compared to the tutorials.

bill2reg

Why was this thread moved?

Post by bill2reg »

It's an animation question so I posted in the animation section. Somebody moved it here. Why? Why would this belong in the Blender Artists area? Isn't that more for creative questions?

stiv

Post by stiv »

Using Blender (blenderartists.org ) vs developing and coding Blender (here)