How to delete just the edges

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

seriousmods

How to delete just the edges

Post by seriousmods » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:06 am

Hi. I hope I am not posting this in the wrong part of the forum.

If so, sorry about that.

I am working on a 3d model, and when I subdivide a plane, it gives me four sections. How do I delete the edges of two of the sections so that I can have two sections instead of four?

Hellfireboy

Post by Hellfireboy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 pm

If you want to get rid of an edge without affecting the faces that share that edge click on the edge in edge select mode, press X and then choose "Dissolve" from the delete menu. You can do the same thing with vertices if you want to remove a vertex from the middle of an edge without deleting the edge itself.

seriousmods

Post by seriousmods » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 pm

Hellfireboy wrote:If you want to get rid of an edge without affecting the faces that share that edge click on the edge in edge select mode, press X and then choose "Dissolve" from the delete menu. You can do the same thing with vertices if you want to remove a vertex from the middle of an edge without deleting the edge itself.
Thank you. That's what I wanted to know.