easy question

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

hans

easy question

Post by hans » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:13 pm

hi, this is an easy question, but i havent found anything anwhere on the inet. when i click r to rotate an object, is there an easy way to have it lock to certain degrees (such as 30,60,90), so i can rotate 30, 60, or 90 degrees easily??

hans :)

Hellfireboy

Post by Hellfireboy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:50 pm

The easiest way to get to an exact value when rotating is to just type it in. Press R then X, Y or Z depending on which axis you want to lock it to and then type in the number of degrees that you want it to turn such as 30, 45 or 98.7. If you don't want to commit to the number that you just typed just press the Back key and you can type in something else. If you use the snap to increment function holding down the Ctrl key rotations will go in 5 degree increments. If you hold down Ctrl + Shift that will change to 1 degree increments.

Just remember that the Ctrl causes the Snap option to change to the opposite of what it is currently set to. For example if Snap is turned off holding Ctrl will turn it on and vice versa.