UV mapping -very beginner problem

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

RyanPaterson

UV mapping -very beginner problem

Post by RyanPaterson » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi I'm following this tutorial (realizing that the blender versions are different but it's been essentially the same so far)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OduiuKAfZfw

I've followed the instructions perfectly, but when I press tab to select my cube, then u and 'smart uv project'

in the uvmap editor, I press bake, I get the error
No object or images found to bake to)
I'm not sure if i'm just being a muppet but i'm struggling to see what I've done wrong on this one. Help would be very appreciated!

my blender file is saved in a folder on my desktop with my 'texture image'
a 512x512 jpeg

I don't know if this is important or not, but when I click smart uv project, I get in my uveditor view, my six sides of my cube in wireframe (only one box is filled in with little dots as if there is something there) and above these 6 squares, theres a bit of the grid which hasn't automatically adjusted its size to my texture unlike the guys in the video.

Sorry for the probably really simple problem, but I can't seem to find a decent solution for this. My aim is just to simply create a cube with a simple texture and put it into UDK, I used to use 3dsmax, but I liked the idea of creating my maps inside the editor.

Thanks
[/quote]