Problem inserting keyframes on field of view

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

alex0091845

Problem inserting keyframes on field of view

Post by alex0091845 »

Hi guys:

I have this problem in my FPS game where I want to change camera's FOV but it just kept going back to what it was before. I tried to insert keyframe of the FOV but it doesn't have the option of "insert keyframe". The first thing I saw when I tried to insert a keyframe on the FOV is "Reset to Default Value". I tried that and it still doesn't work, help!! (please!)
Alex

CoDEmanX

Post by CoDEmanX »

you can't animate the fov, but if you switch to focal length, then you can! Or animate the sensor size.
I'm sitting, waiting, wishing, building Blender in superstition...

alex0091845

Oh

Post by alex0091845 »

Oh I meant that (focal length), I'm just used to say "FOV", sorry about that. But I still can't! I tried a several times and it just wouldn't work...
Alex

CoDEmanX

Post by CoDEmanX »

works fine here, does the background of the field change when you insert keyframe?

alex0091845

Not sure

Post by alex0091845 »

I'm not sure what you're talking about, and by the way, it just says Field of View, where's Focal Length??
Alex

CoDEmanX

Post by CoDEmanX »

change the Lens Units from Field of View to Millimeters in the dropdown next to the FOV / Focal length field. Then FOV will turn to focal length, and that field is keyframable

alex0091845

Oh~~

Post by alex0091845 »

Oh that's where I had problem on, thanks~
Alex