Making a flat Object round

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

LordOfInsanity

Making a flat Object round

Post by LordOfInsanity »

(Sorry for bad english)
I'm new to Blender and I tried to use curve to create a weapon with a background picture... Everything was ok 'til I realized, that the part in the picture below needs to become a bit cylinder-like... I searched for hours but didn't find the function I need (I think it's because of my bad english). I need this flat object to become round and solid.

Kind regards,

LordOfInsanity

relith

Extrude faces

Post by relith »

Hi,

I'm new too.
Have you tried extruding all the faces on each side a couple times and varying the width along the X-axis? (assuming the picture is taken from the front)

Do you know what I mean? Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Relith

LordOfInsanity

Re: Extrude faces

Post by LordOfInsanity »

relith wrote:Hi,

I'm new too.
Have you tried extruding all the faces on each side a couple times and varying the width along the X-axis? (assuming the picture is taken from the front)

Do you know what I mean? Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Relith
I've found a way to do it. I placed a circle and extruded a few times... I can't describe it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXDSfYj0Tgc (2:20 There you can see what I mean)

I also tried the way you described and it looked more like a square than like a circle. But thank you for trying to answer my question :)

relith

Post by relith »

Nice! I like the way he modeled that wine glass!
I'll be using that technique as well!

Glad you got it working.

With the way I described you would have to extrude all the faces many times varying the width of each one to give it the right width so it doesn't look too boxy.

The other way seems easier tho.

Thanks for sharing.

Relith