Inserting Reference Photo

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

MorningRain11

Inserting Reference Photo

Post by MorningRain11 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:52 pm

On Blender Bootcamp #3, the video shows how to insert a reference photo. I did exactly as it showed to do. But no picture showed up. What could be wrong?? :cry:
Our God is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and Forgiver of our unrighteousness. Took the place and paid the price so that we wouldn't have to. Do you know Him?

stiv

Post by stiv » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Probabilistic Guess says: Not in Ortho Mode.

MorningRain11

Post by MorningRain11 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:40 pm

What is Ortho mode? I'm so confused :( I just started using Blender yesterday...I am quite taken with it :)
Our God is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and Forgiver of our unrighteousness. Took the place and paid the price so that we wouldn't have to. Do you know Him?

brasshat

Post by brasshat » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:54 am

"Ortho[graphic] mode" is one of two ways of viewing a scene in blender, representing everyting without any apparent perspective. The other view is "perspective mode", which shows the scene from the perspective of the camera. To see the difference, load the default scene in Blender, and press the "5" key on the number pad several times, studying the difference this makes in representation of the object.

One difference in Blender is that an image loaded as a background image in the 3d viewport properties shelf, can only be seen in orthographic mode.

ns