Texture Question

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

nichackley

Texture Question

Post by nichackley »

Is there a way that i can create a picture design and paste it onto faces of an object in blender? kinda new to blender so idk if this is a basic thing or not

brasshat

Post by brasshat »

Yes, there is a way. But since you write that you're new to Blender, I'd suggest that what you do is to check out the blender course offered under the auspices of CDsshool, in Harrisburg, PA (cf. <http://www.cdschools.org/Page/455> ). Work through the course, and by the time you're finished you'll know how to do what you want.

Yes, I know how to do it, and could answer your question, but since you claim to be new, learning the basics of the program in a more organized manner will make it easier for you in the long run.

ns
Last edited by brasshat on Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nichackley

Post by nichackley »

thanks, i didnt really know which tutorials to take on here and they jsut really werent working cus they went kinda fast. hopefully ill figure everything out :)

brasshat

Post by brasshat »

As a whole, the production values of the whole group of Blender tutorials can charitably said to be mixed. And it's true that even the good ones go fast, but that's why the hosting sites generally have a "pause" button.

There are several books on Blender commercially available which help explain the use of Blender. Two which are really geared towards novice users, and unfortunately not on the Blender store: Roland Hess' Blender Foundations and John Blain's The Complete Guide to Blender Graphics. I also recommend two which are in the Blender store but which are more intended for the intermediate user: Ben Simonds' Blender Master Class and Tony Mullen's Mastering Blender.

ns

stiv

Post by stiv »

Is there a way that i can create a picture design and paste it onto faces of an object in blender?
What you are looking for is called UV Texture Mapping.