Import path file

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

caroline.queva

Import path file

Post by caroline.queva »

Hi,

I am new to Blender.
I would like to know if it is possible to import path file (.pth) in Blender 2.67.b ?
I didn't find the option in the Import menu, in previous posts I saw that people did File->Import->Paths, but I don't have "Paths" in the Import menu...

Thanks for help,
Caroline

brasshat

Post by brasshat »

The short answer to your question might be to open user preferences under the file menu, and look for path file in the import section under the add-ons tab for paths. You activate the add-on by ticking the radio button at the far right of the row.

A longer and better nswer, if you're new to blender, is to go to the CD Schools website at <www.cdschools. org/page/455> and work through the course,.

ns

caroline.queva

Post by caroline.queva »

"The short answer to your question might be to open user preferences under the file menu, and look for path file in the import section under the add-ons tab for paths. You activate the add-on by ticking the radio button at the far right of the row."

Thanks for the answer, but I already looked at user preferences and I didn't find the paths in Addons. I might have missed something...
Is it possible that I have to install something more to be able to add the path file ?

Caroline

Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

It might be helpful if we knew what application was generating the .pth file.

The only references I can find for Blender and .pth files are VERY old, and pertain to the 2.4x Blender series. Any of those instructions are likely not valid for the current version of Blender.