Combining Shaders on One Object

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Murphy1976

Combining Shaders on One Object

Post by Murphy1976 »

I have a UV Sphere that I would like to apply two shaders to, a glossy chrome and a flat diffuse. I am using an image map to differenciate which is apllied where; Black for Glossy, White for Diffuse.

I can set up both shaders just perfectly, but when it comes to combining them, this is where I run into trouble.

I'm using a MIX Shader, but I can only get 100% of one, 100% of the other of a 50% transparency of both.

What do I need to change in my nodes to get 100% of both on the same object? (I know I've disconnected my Glossy Shader form the Add Shader, I just took a screen shot of how I have it set up, the top is the Glossy Shader, the bottom is the Diffuse Shader.)

Murphy1976

Post by Murphy1976 »

OK Kids... I figured out the solution I was looking for. Instead of putting the Alpha map on each of the Shaders, I applied it to the FACTOR of the main Mix Shader.