Linking two objects with segments

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Braeden108

Linking two objects with segments

Post by Braeden108 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:23 am

I want to link two meshes with segments.

brasshat

Post by brasshat » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:51 am

So, if you are asking permission, go right ahead. It's OK by me.

On the other hand, if you are wanting to know how to do it, a bit more information is necessary.

ns

Braeden108

Post by Braeden108 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

I wanted to select points on two different objects and hit "F" to create a polygon between them. Is there a way I can make two objects into one object, perhaps?

brasshat

Post by brasshat » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:27 pm

You can't combine two objects in this way. What you have to do first, is go to object mode, select the two objects you want to join, and use the "join" operation to convert them into a single mesh.

Otherwise, if you want to have the two objects appear to be joined, you have to create the bridging elements on one or the other, and construct the element so it appears to connect the two objects together, or alternatively, to construct the bridging element as a third object independent of the existing two, but constructed so that it appears to link the two.

ns