Shader Nodes

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

smith8ar

Shader Nodes

Post by smith8ar »

I have been trying to follow along a tutorial for creating animated 3D text, and when he got to shader nodes and materials and textures, I could not follow along because I didn't have the same options. In the node editor, when he brought up the list of options to add a node, there was an option for shaders that I did not have. So it seems that I am missing a few options for adding nodes. In the node editor, when I select Add, the options I get are Input, Output, Color, Vector, Converter, Group and Layout. So I am missing a few that showed up in the tutorial. The one in particular I am trying to get to is the glossy shader. I am using version 2.68. Any idea why I dont have these options?

This is the tutorial I am following. This part is around minute 11. http://www.blenderguru.com/videos/how-t ... animation/

Stormrage256

Post by Stormrage256 »

Hey, I just started using Blender recently. I've been facing the same problem when trying to add the shader nodes. There doesn't seem to be an option for adding it. I can change the diffuse and specular colors using the default material node, but I'm not able to add any new shader nodes. Did you find any solution to this problem? If you do, please let me know. Thanks.