Beginner Question: multiple Compositions in parallel ?

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

GDP_Sabrina

Beginner Question: multiple Compositions in parallel ?

Post by GDP_Sabrina »

Hi there,

I am struggling with the concept of mixing 3D animations, compositions and videos in the Video Sequencer. So far I found out that I can have several SCENES in one blender project and add them as independent tracks in the VSE sequence editor. I have done one composition, but I cant create a secod composition (if I create a new Scene in the composition editor, it is a 3d scene).

a) is it possible to work on different compositiones with different timelines/videos in two composition windows ?
b) is it possible to use the composite directly in the VSE sequencer without exporting it as a movie (at least a quality reduced preview version of the composition in the VSE) ?

Using different 3d scenes and different video tracks in the VSE works fine, but at the moment I always export the compositions as MPEG or AVI and then use them as video in the VSE. And I am limited to one Composition per Blender File.
I would like to wotk on several 3d scenes, several compositions in parallel and combine them with videos in the VSR and jump directly into the composition/3d-scene and change it without a complete render process.

Any idea how to use work on different compositions in parallel ?

Thanks
Sabrina

GDP_Sabrina

Post by GDP_Sabrina »

There is a Book called "Blender Production" by Roland Hess. I bought myself a Kindle Version and learned all about the Workflow and the structuring of Files.