Idea on windows' header selectors flips (bottom and top)

The forums here are for Blender development. Questions and discussion about *using* Blender belong on blenderartists.org If your thread was moved here, you are probably in the wrong place.

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

S.D.R.A.

Idea on windows' header selectors flips (bottom and top)

Post by S.D.R.A. » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Hello,

I have just transferred from 3ds Max to Blender, so I am experimenting on the interface layout and all that.

My question is: is there a way to save the preferences for flipping to bottom or to top the element described in the subject, for "comfort's sake"?

Because I haven't identified this in user preferences > input > header.

The only solution I have found to solve it is to save the disposition of the selectors (all flipped to bottom in my case) by saving the file, and when I open a new file, the properties window and the other one (there are two on top as far as I know). But this is file-dependent. If the option doesn't exist in user preferences, wouldn't it be nice to make this little change?

For the text editor, I agree it should stay file-dependent.

I hope my idea is right for a first post in the community...

stiv

Post by stiv » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Start Blender, which opens the default file.

Make your changes.

Click the Save User Settings button in User Prefs

S.D.R.A.

Post by S.D.R.A. » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 pm

I know Blender very well, I am at 1,5% of my learning book.

Now 1,9% of the book.
The process for doing this is nearly how I expected.

File > Save startup file.

And when I create a new file, it keeps all the changed configuration (flipping and notes in text editor), and the little change to the default cube.

The only solution as far as I am to go backwards is to load factory settings. But this is completely factory.

I would have liked to find a way to restore a previous user settings config file, different ones in a history of backups, like the restore points on Windows.

But nevermind, it's perfect.